Hotpoint wt540 fault code

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Initial fault continuous reversing drum wash cycle. wouldn't switch off, and rapid start/stop LED flashing + 1/2second wash enhance LED flashing. Any ideas anyone, please?

Sponsored Links
What number light is wash enhance 1 2 3 or 4 or 5

Thanks for response rocky 1. Wash enhance is top button of five vertical options, so I guess light 1?

Check the heater with a meter should be about 30 ohms , if that's ok new pcb req.

Sponsored Links
Thanks rocks1. I suspect pcb as when I power on now lights flash as before and drain pump runs continuously.
Prob not worth me replacing pcb as can get 2nd hand machine for not much more.
Hope weather in Cayman better than here - do you need an assistant?

Recon pcb is about 45 quid from emw in Nottingham poss worth a punt.

Can't even get the top cover off yet!
2 screws at back removed but what then? lift an inch at back and slide forwards, or backwards? won't budge.

It slides back. Whack the front edge with your hand. pcb is not there it's at the back in the corner remove the White cover at the rear.

Thanks for your advice rocks 1, in the end it was only the heater o/c and the pcb is ok. Don't know why the repair guy didn't pick that up - I won't be calling him out again!

Thanks again - you're doing a great service.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back