Hotwater Automation

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've a system boiler with Hive smart control and pressurize cylinder and I control the hotwater through app schedule to reduce bill. Please can someone help me is there a way if cylinder is already full hot water won't come on as per schedule? as I noticed schedule always run the boiler no matter if hotwater heat required or not so looking for a smart solution to cut the bill only hot water turns on if the cylinder need water warmed up? Please any expert help how I can do that or recommand any product?

Sponsored Links
If the cylinder is fitted with a thermostat, it will not call the boiler to fire up when the cylinder is already hot.

If you have a modern unvented cylinder, almost 100% certain it will have such a thermostat.

It will fire up briefly if you have used HW for washing up or something. Your timer can reduce the frequency if it is set to start before and during your usual bath and shower times.

Gas heating of a modern cylinders is incredibly efficient and economical. Look at your summer meter readings when HW is on and CH is off.

If you want to spend a few pounds, insulate all pipes with foam lagging. Very easy. You can cut it with a serrated knife. Tape the joints.

Your pipes are probably mostly 22mm with a few 15mm. Check that before buying.

Last edited:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back