hotwater tank

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've to change a motorise valve on my CH, and make it easier I was going to remove the short piece of 22mm pipe attached to the hot water tank.

The tank is about 10 years old and I'm worried about trying to undue the connection to the tank, do the compression nut come off easy, as I don't want to damage the copper tank?

Sponsored Links
Where possible, avoid touching the tank connections. Sometimes they undo easily, other times they don't and if too much effort is putting into turning them, they can distort the tank causing a leak around the joint.

By loosening the pipe from the pump and the hot water flow (ie, the other 2 connections) you should all being well have enough play on the pipes to get the valve body off easily enough.

the problem I have is there is no room to move the pipe to the right hand side of the valve as its against the wall.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back