House Brick Glaze

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello everyone.. I'd be really grateful for some help. . .

The outside of the house hasn't been painted at all. (Half pebble dashed and half brick). I've seen some houses where the brick seems to have a glaze and it makes the bricks look really clean and shiny but you can still see the colour of the cement. I went into homebase today and asked for that. . . I was given some damp seal and told that was what I meant. I've put 2 coats on (It was only one coat) and after it's dried the bricks look nothing different at all. Does anyone know what I mean, and if so could you tell me what it's called please and where to get it from?

Thanks in advance

Sponsored Links
Im pretty sure Jonstones do a clear floor paint..there are certainly some on the market..they should work for you.

Thanks, but it's for the house bricks not the floor. Would you still use a floor varnish on the bricks?? Also, after I've put the damp seal on the walls and this hasn't worked. . would I be able to put something on over? Thanks

Sponsored Links
Some bricks were glazed from the manafacturer, like engineers bricks and stock brick. It will depend on how absorbent your bricks are and what type they are. plenty of coats of Thomsons water seal will give a slightly shiney appearance ?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back