Household appliances (fridges etc)

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have just bought a new Zanussi freezer (and so has my brother) from John Lewis/Waitrose. I can thoroughly recommend buying anything like this from John Lewis if you have one near you as they are so helpful and their after sales, delivery and general customer service is second to none. Their guarantees are usually longer than most retailers too. Their items are no dearer than other retailers (they will match any lower price) and even if the item seems slightly more expensive they don't charge for delivery so it works out the same. Comet, for instance, have a terrible record for after sales/customer service and Currys is one of the worst (according to Which)
Incidentally, buying an extended guarantee is usually a waste of money - if an item breaks down well before the normal life of the item you are entitled to a replacement anyway (ie if a TV conks out after 18 months) Not many consumers know their rights. Also, it is the retailer who is obliged to replace/repair the item - you don't have to deal direct with the manufacturer.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back