housing for washing machine/Tumble drier.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a utility room which i am wanting to put my washing machine and tumble drier into. I have recently got a new kitchen and have an end panel and some worktop left over.
What I am hoping to do is have a piece of worktop the width of the washing machine and an end panel fitted and slide the washing machine under the worktop. I then want to set the tumble drier on the worktop above the washing machine.

The floor is concrete and the walls are stud walls.

Can anyone hive me advice on how to build this in order that there be enough support for the drier.

Many thanks.

Sponsored Links
I think you will get away with putting the drier on top of the washing machine, just put a piece of worktop on the washer, then put drier on top.

I was hoping to have it looking neater with the same worktop/ end panels as the kitchen as i have removed the dorr into the utility to open the kitchen up.

Depending on what brand of washer you have you can get a kit that makes a proper job of stacking the dryer on top of the Washing machine from the manufacturers. I know Meile do one as it involves taking the top off the machine and works great and looks tidy.

Sponsored Links
If you do decide to make up a housing, remember that both washers and driers wobble and lurch about when running*, so fasten the sides and deck to the floor and the wall at several positions.

*insert Jade Goody joke here

jade250.jpg

(I think she bought the wrong size)

i want to do the exact same thing, but its for inside our down stairs loo. i also want to make it concealed to make the room look less cluttered. i will be watching this topic with great interest

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back