housing my boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi guys...can i put a housing round my boiler which is situated in the kitchen for the last 15 years....like a tall larder unit...?see pic below

DSC01071.jpg

Sponsored Links
its a biasi model prisma 24se....about 8-10 years old....regularly serviced by british gas every year...flue is in gable end wall of my house..

Whats all the stuff on top and around the boiler? It should be REMOVED to allow air flow :rolleyes: Chrisey

Sponsored Links
If your aim is to improve the appearance then why not decorate the kitchen first?

As long as there is 25 mm clear on each side and 200 below the boiler and the top is open there is no problem. Its best to have ventilation in any bottom panel.

Putting a larder unit around it will be fine.

You should NOT cover to top of the boiler and must have 25 mm clear on both sides MINIMUM.

Tony

Agile said:
If your aim is to improve the appearance then why not decorate the kitchen first?

As long as there is 25 mm clear on each side and 200 below the boiler and the top is open there is no problem. Its best to have ventilation in any bottom panel.

Putting a larder unit around it will be fine.

You should NOT cover to top of the boiler and must have 25 mm clear on both sides MINIMUM.

Tony
thanks mate...i was going to have the boiler moved, but decided to leave it where it is...im going to decorate the kitchen as its just been extended.....the stuff on top is just some old wiring that i stored on top, will remove them....the freezer under the boiler is just there temporarily and will go under the worktop....there is adequete clearance on the sides, below and top......i just wanted to know what the regs where..cheers

You need to look in the MI's to see what requirements are needed for any compartment ventilation.

Not the original point but

....regularly serviced by british gas every year...

News to me. Do you mean 'safety checked' by British Gas every year? That is a different thing altogether.

It's like the difference between a car MOT and a car service.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back