How airtight are downlighter converter kits?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
May sound like a silly question.

I am about to buy a down light converter kit, to replace a current old down lighter above an oven.

I wanted a bathroom rated one to stop steam going up into the hole, but the ONLY one I can find looks horrible and is £25

07740-BLCD5-Downlight-Bathroom-Converter-12V-White-50W-BELL-image.jpg
[/img]

So I want to get the standard one that is available everywhere for a fiver

41H9OSqPzSL._SS500_.jpg

Does anyone know how airtight these are, I only want to stop steam going right up through the light fitting.

Or a product that is no more than £25 and can be fitted without hassle (105mm existing hole).

(I am also putting a led bulb in it)

Sponsored Links
They look great installed and much more effective than that torchlight you are planning on fitting.

There are other trims, that may suit you better, look at the website
http://www.qwikfast.co.uk/catalogue/trim-drop-glass-white-trim-slimline-downlight-p-5067.html

PS Those downlight converters do not stop moisture being drawn up into the ceiling void. They are just a cheap and nasty way of filling a big hole by putting a tiny, inefficient lamp in the middle of it..

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back