How are your potholes?

Our street is being completely redone between. 8.30pm on the 24th and 6.00am on the 25th. Overnight jobbie. The 'no parking' signs went up today.

View attachment 340351
They had a late start on account of a dead body found in the fields behind the road! Old fella, taking a walk, died of natural causes apparently. Still, ambulances and police cars needed access to the fields so work started late. Just been out to check on progress. I tell you, it's incredibly noisy. We've been having a collective moan up to the council about the state of the road for ages. We got our local councillor on our side and finally it’s being fixed. We'll be pot hole free by tomorrow. No way will they be finished before 6.00am though.

IMG_1435.jpeg
IMG_1434.jpeg
IMG_1433.jpeg
IMG_1432.jpeg

Sponsored Links
three 5 litre buckets of stones from potholes i swept up off of my street today in less than 3 car lengths

Sponsored Links
At least EVs are doing their bit to help, being lighter than their ICE counterparts ...
That was another conversation with a taxi driver! Large parts of the A12 are being relaid to cope with the additional weight of electric lorries in the future - deeper foundations being dug to hopefully make the roads last longer.

And apparently civil engineers are very busy at the moment, as so much needs reviewing, from car parks to bridges to ferries and anything else that is old and designed to carry relatively light vehicles.

Back