how best to plumb this ?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
i'm fitting a semipedestal sink (oh how i wish i hadnt :LOL: )
everythings being made harder by an upright in the stud walling.
I've managed the waste ok, just struggling with the copper work now
(times like this i wish i'd went plastic - but i'm not keen on that being concealed)

this is about the only location the pipes can come throo - its a monoblock tap with 300mm tails.

DSC00293.JPG

as you can see i'm limited as to where to run the pipework

DSC00294.JPG

i've already ran the waste (giving me even less options heh)

space i've got to work with under the sink

DSC00295.JPG

DSC00296.JPG

any better ideas than the ones i haven't got at the mo on how to run this pipework ?

Sponsored Links
they are nowhere at the moment as im in the process of replumbing the house but they need to come out somewhere near where the waste finishes

i would of probably taken the two pipes through the wall level.
then on the rear take them up across both battens then down to waste pipe and back through.

Sponsored Links
problem with doing that is theres just no room to put them side by side

the black line i've drawn is the outside of the semi pedestal

i've had to angle the waste to clear the upright too - making even less space

plus i've got push waste in there which makes even less clearance for the tails.....

i'm starting to think my only real option is to take up some floorboards and run the pipes straight down - altho thats easier said than done :confused: actually itll be a huge pita

forgot to mention the uprights are 3x2s

ok even if you left them as they are with a 90 bend etc on the bottm one you can still take them up an across through the battens.

yes
can the bottom one go in more so when you go through the batten they are level and can be pipe cliped ?
whats the block of wood doing ?
are they going to be far enough down so you can get iso valves on before the flexis ?

the block of wood is for a fixing to hold the semi pedestal on - i can chamfer it to give room for the pipe - bottom one hasnt much room to move - theyll have to go throo the batten horizontally - i was hoping i could do them vertically so i could attach them with clips

went with this elaborate solution, not the prettiest but it does the job
never like using too many joins - but this is only an extra 2 really

DSC00299.JPG

went with this elaborate solution, not the prettiest but it does the job
never like using too many joins - but this is only an extra 2 really

DSC00299.JPG

To be honest it looks very neat and tidy, even though it will be hidden when the wall is paneled

I've seen a lot of "professionals£ do a much worse job than that.

Mike

worst case senario, use 10mm pipe if really tight for space.it will be fine on a basin.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back