How can i get the colour out of the motar

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All.. my new shell's up and I'm fitting out the inside.. but I need to reduce the colour in the motar on the outside... I'd put use 0.7% colour to cement... but for some reason they used 1-0.9%... result.. pink mortar... having realised their mistake 1/2 way up the wall, they changed to 0.7% and got a great match... don't want to re-point (its not that bad TBH).... but is there anything I can use on the cement to knock it back a tone or two?....
Any of these brick cleaning acids work do we think?... Cheers :)

Sponsored Links
Hi.. we used 5:1 mix with lighter cement... and added a bit of colour to get the correct shade... all I want to do it try remove some of the colour from the surface layer... It must be possable to wash a bit out ??

I wonder if the acidic brick cleaner would do the trick?. It will dissolve out the cement with the colour in it, so allowing more of the sand to show, hence making a lighter colour. Sounds very tricky to me, I would suggest using a really dilute mix in an obscure corner. You can always go over it again!
Frannk

Sponsored Links
yes.. was thinking that myself... think B&Q do some... maybe getting it on a rag and rubbing the joint see if i can rub the colour bit out a bit... will give it a go ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back