United Kingdom
Hi im receiving quotes to have my windows replaced,
i have 13 windows tobe done and have had quotes rangeing from
£3680 - £4280,

the issue i have is they are 3 different window manufactures,

Rehau Windows
Liniar Windows
Spectus Windows

Has anybody had these types of windows fitted?

if so how did you get on with them?

Andy

Sponsored Links
Rehau are probaly the best out that lot, we are fitting our first liniar job on monday but already dont like the look of it, seen spectus but did not like the look of it.

Go for Rehau; I've had them installed for 6 years now, very good quality & no problems at all. What’s just as important is a quality installation so make sure you look at previous installations if you can.

Check the quote carefully for exactly what’s included & watch you don’t get caught for “add on’s” after you’ve signed up. “Sorry sir that wasn’t included”; sharp practice but a popular way of increasing the price.

Thanks for that,
but i have spoken to a few fitters and they seem to be leaving Rehau due to old technology,

ive now been informed CWG of corby make Rehau windows and some other designs,

windows are not simple to buy!

Sponsored Links
They are emplying that the windows were designed over 20 years ago and to bring them up to todays spec they are using improved glass,

they are all saying its to do with chambers,
rehua have 3 chambers
liniar have 5 chambers,

im being told the more chambers there are the more energy efficent they are!

is this true?

Thanks for replying

Could you please let me know how you got on with liniar please,
and are they an ex bankrupt firm with a new name branding?

just had another installer round,

and to confuse things for me even more
he uses a different brand of window,

Koemmerling also german

Don’t fall foul of sales blurb from pushy salesmen; installers will use whatever profile they get the best discount on. They all have to be “A” rated so will meet minimum B Regs. standards for insulation & I don’t reckon there will be much if any difference in the U value between profiles of similar quality. The quality of the installation is just as important so look at a previous installation by each installer you’re considering & talk to the customer about their experience.

I had a large number of quotes when I got my Rahau windows 6 years ago but I’m rather out of touch now, hence my earlier question. I did d lot of research at the time & made a point of looking at all the windows & fittings being offered; the fittings are just as important as the profile & some were just cheap crap. I narrowed mine down to three & two of those were using Rahau (the other doesn’t seem to exist anymore), all three were about the same price but I went with Rahau as it was established, well known & I had a better feeling about one DG contractor as being rather more genuine which proved to be sound.

I used to be a surveyor in the replacement window industry. I worked for several of the largest companies in the south east from 1980 until 2000. I know Rehau and was especially fond of the Spectus suite, but to be frank, don't worry about the profile too much. Worry more about the company who will be cutting the profile up, welding it at the corners and making your windows out of it. You really need to get recommendations on the window manufacturer and their installers, if you can, rather than worry about the profile they are using.

But then! If a profile is still being extruded after 20+ years, its proved itself.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back