How do I remove Candle wax from brand new carpet?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hey everybody. My three year old struck again. this time instead of lipstick she decided it would be fun to play with a candle, now I have candle wax stuck into my newly laid carpet. any advice on how to get this out??

Sponsored Links
Try puttinng brown paper on it, then ironing it (not steam), the wax should lift off to the paper. Keep using clean paper.

Good advice - any absorbant material will soak up the molten wax. But first you've got to find a way to melt it without burning or melting the actual carpet.

May I also suggest that you put the candles in a cupboard for a few years until the child is older? Here in the UK the trend for scented candles has been responsible for a big rise in the number of house fires. Your house is probably made of wood?

Thank You Diyisfun, that was very helpful.

RigidRaider, just an FYI, all of my things are put up away from my children, she just found a way to climb. I didn't become a member of this site to be criticized but for helpful hint/tip sharing.

To everybody else thank you, your tips and advice has been helpful!

Sponsored Links
Diyisfun, thank you so very much, you are a life saver, YES! it did remove the wax. and I am so happy because I just got this carpet put in 3 weeks ago and was infuriated about having my brand new carpet ruined. so again...THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!!!!.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back