HOW DO YOU PUT THE BAND CLAMP SEAL BACK ON A SERVIS WASHINE?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi everyone,

I have a slightly red face at the moment having dismantled a servis washing machine and now I can't get it back together. Basically, there was "an object" trapped between the drum and the tub.... which meant that I removed the back of the machine, disconnected all of the electrics from the back plate, took off the drive belt and pulley, then undid the clamp band that holds the backplate onto the tub, removed the back plate and drum, removed the aforementioned "object", patted myself on the back for solving the problem and started to re-assemble the machine = new problem.

I labelled all the electrics etc so that's okay, but what I failed to note was how the clamp band seal fitted around the backplate and tub before re-fitting the clamp band. No matter how I did it, I could not get the clamp band to fit well enough such that I could get the tension bolt through and tighten the band. Any help would be very much appreciated as I'm running out of pants and would rather fix the machine than have to buy new ones.

Sponsored Links
possible solution as long as you are sure the backplate is mated properly, source another but longer bolt with the same thread from a hardware store this will enable you to get a start on the threads and as long as you tighten up to the point were the original bolt was tightened to you should have a seal.

Sponsored Links
Hi guys cheers for your efforts - In the end we got an engineer to come and fix it, but your time and advice is greatly appreciated anyway. Have a good christmas.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back