how High the standpipe for dishwasher drainage

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have just brought a Bosch slimline dishwasher which I have managed to plumb in the cold water supply but before I connect it up I was wondering how high the stand pipe for the drainage (outlet pipe from the dishwasher) how high it has to stand out of the ground so that I do not get any backflow up the pipe as i have laid a new drainage pipe to the outside drain and am very concerned

I hope that this makes sense

dave

Sponsored Links
Should be in the installation instructions, think its 1metre, you need to ensure that air can enter the waste pipe that the hose from the d/washer will fit into

thanks I did try to look in my instruction manual but the details were a little misleading so thanks for you quick reply

Dave

Sponsored Links
Thank you
That makes sense as if it was to be 1 meter then I would struggle to get it to fit under the work top

regards

dave

Blockage, I only said 'I THINK', I suppose I should have known it would be less than a metre as the work top is that height.

It's not so critical for a dishwasher as a washing machine - the outlet has to be high enough to prevent syphoning. In a dishwasher the standing water level is quite low.

Thank you all for you help

I have succeeded to install my dishwasher and all seem fine I hope that I did not offend any one but may I add that the information on this sight has helped me very much

thanks once again

Dave

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back