How much is a Brick?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Sorry for the naive question, but can anyone tell me the rough cost of a brick? :oops: (I'd be needing about 250 - 300 - so wasn't sure if that might effect the cost too)

I am trying to work out the cheapest (longest lasting) way to edge my lawn, so I am just looking for the price a plain, nothing fancy, colour of no significance - BRICK :)

Thanks in advance

Sponsored Links
common was £23 for 100 ,last time I was at a merchants , dont take this as Fact at the moment, but common is dead cheap ..

for a decent stock which is what will look nice to do the edging with expect to pay upwards from about £35 per 100 dependent upon what type you are after. Always worth asking for seconds as they are ideal for this type of application and are cheaper.

for a ball park figure i always work on £400.00 p/k or 40p per brick, inc vat.

staffordshire blue seconds will last forever and look good too. ;)

Sponsored Links
Do you get frost where you live? Common bricks will break up as they will be damp from ground contact.

Staffs or paving bricks are what you need, they're dense and will last.

Thanks for the replies chaps - much appreciated.

Yes JohnD there can be quite a bit of frost around here at times, so I'll look into the options of the staffs or paving bricks.

Thanks again

Gary_M said:
Hi,

Sorry for the naive question, but can anyone tell me the rough cost of a brick? :oops: (I'd be needing about 250 - 300 - so wasn't sure if that might effect the cost too)

I am trying to work out the cheapest (longest lasting) way to edge my lawn, so I am just looking for the price a plain, nothing fancy, colour of no significance - BRICK :)

Thanks in advance

Try asking the stores - that's why they are there.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back