How to check for wood worm in loft (without masking tape)

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

We have evidence of woodworm in our loft timbers. We got it checked out at the end of last year and were told it might be inactive. Although the house was a new build, the builders had decided to use reclaimed wood for the rafters. It is believed that the woodworm is likely to be signs of a previous rather the current infestation...

However, seeing as it was Nov/Dec when they came, they said the woodworm would be dormant even if it was active. I was advised to put some masking tape on the timbers and see if holes appear by next Autumn. Greta idea. Trouble is, on looking in the loft today I saw that the tape has all come unstuck. I could re-apply it, but chances are it will just unstick again.

So i wondered if anyone can think of another way for me to check whether it is active over the next few months?

Cheers

Max

Sponsored Links
put some white paper down under neath susspected areas and see if there is any frass deposits.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back