How to connect a thermostat from an electrical socket.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, Please bear with me if this sounds like a silly question. I am installing electric underfloor heating in my dining room. I need to connect the new room thermostat that came with the heating mats. There is currently an electrical socket (5amp) in the room. The salesperson said that the thermostat needs to be 'live fed ' from the socket. Can you suggest how I do it?
Thanks

Sponsored Links
depending upon how much power your underfloor heating mat takes dictates whether or not it is able to come off of the 5 amp socket which i would guess is on a lighting circuit. Normally underfloor heating mats are wired from a socket on the ring main, the power goes to a fused spur outlet and then onto the stat which the underflooor heating mat or wires are connected. I think you really need to get an electrician to look at this as it sounds a bit like your out of your depth.

Nick

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back