How to cover the cavity inside a patio door

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

Your help and guidance would really be appreciated.

I have removed a wooden plank that sat up against the door frame between that and my flooring inside my patio door (is this called threshold?) and found that who ever originally installed it made a bit of a mess. I hasten to add this was long before I bought the house. See photos.

I had to remove the wooden plank because my cat had wee’d on it and I could clear the smell! Now I’m faced with the problem of how to close it again. The plank was supported at one end by the concrete floor but at the other by wooden blocks to match the level.

I was planning on levelling the section of floor up to the normal height with concrete then replacing the plank. I’m concerned that the plank would shift if stepped on over the gap. Also, do I have to worry about damp proofing as it looks like and course was damaged when the concrete floor was damaged? Alternatively do I just fill the gap with concrete and paint on some damp proofing?

Any help and advice gratefully recieved.

Thanks,

Dave

Attachments

• IMG_1264.jpeg
    IMG_1264.jpeg
    408.3 KB · Views: 34
  • IMG_1265.jpeg
    IMG_1265.jpeg
    326.6 KB · Views: 36
  • IMG_1266.jpeg
    IMG_1266.jpeg
    325 KB · Views: 35
  • IMG_1267.jpeg
    IMG_1267.jpeg
    375.2 KB · Views: 29
Sponsored Links
Get a bit of damp proof membrane like visqueen, lay it in the hole with plenty of overlap.

Fill hole with concrete, once set fold the flaps of dpc in on themselves to envelope the concrete then lay your flooring over the top

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back