How to cut porcelain tiles

H

HiZ

Hello all,

How do I cut porcelain tiles which I can't do with a circular wet saw?

Tried to cut a notch out of a tile and the sides are easy but how do i cut the internal cut not accessible with a circular saw? Tried scoring and snapping but result wasn't good as it didn't follow the score.

Also wahat about curves and other shapes?

I've read elsewhere that maybe a Dremel with a diamond blade is the best option.

Cheers

Sponsored Links
Here we go again!
4 1/2" angle grinder with a decent diamond disc in it.
p.s. forget a Dremel - even if you could get a diamond disc for one, they've not enough torque for that job.
By all means, ignore my advice and get one anyway though. ;)

Blimey gcol - you seem to have it in for this guy!

Your first post on the grouting topic was a bit terse, IMHO - compare it to the information you've given here and you might see what I mean.

HiZ - you can cut notches with a wet diamond saw - just keep slicing until it's all gone ;)

You can cut curves with a manual scoring/cutting, but I've never had much success with this - gcol's advice is good on this one.

Sponsored Links
See what I mean Softus? This guy is a bit of a d i c k and as such, he's blown it for any future advice from me.

Well, he hasn't replied yet, so I'm still tempted to give him the benefit the doubt, but I don't blame you for not doing so.:cool:

HiZ said:
C'mon...just having a laugh.
Hmm. OK then. I think.

However, you've clearly got off on the wrong foot with gcol, so perhaps having a laugh was badly timed.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back