How to enhance grout?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
One plumber told me that I need to enhance grouting between my tiles in my shower-room to stop leakages inside the tiles.

I have done it in my bath-room using silicone - is it a good idea? It does the job, but silicone is prone to moulds and it does not look neat.

If I should use grout - what would be the best one? How should I regrout - simply putting a new layer over the old one or by removing the old one?

Attachments

• IMG_8338.jpeg
    IMG_8338.jpeg
    97.6 KB · Views: 31
  • IMG_8340.jpeg
    IMG_8340.jpeg
    140.3 KB · Views: 32
Sponsored Links
This is how I put silicone over old grout in the bathroom to protect from leaks.

Attachments

• IMG_8341.jpeg
    IMG_8341.jpeg
    118.1 KB · Views: 31
  • IMG_8342.jpeg
    IMG_8342.jpeg
    123.3 KB · Views: 34
I was not sure what has caused that leak. The plumber told me that this is because of that small crack in the grout. I cannot believe it, but I see his logic since the leaks do not occur when the shower-room is not in use. Another plumber told me that it is possible that when pipes/joints are in use - they leak.

Attachments

• IMG_8343.jpeg
    IMG_8343.jpeg
    303.5 KB · Views: 32
  • IMG_8344.jpeg
    IMG_8344.jpeg
    268.5 KB · Views: 38

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back