How to extend the extension tube for my bathroom sink

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I would like to run a 32mm chrome extension tube connected to my bathroom sink bottle trap through an external wall. I've got a Crosswater Millennium tall bottle trap fitted on my sink and it comes with a 40cm extension tube which isn't long enough. I would like to run the extension tube through the external wall to avoid using a connector inside the wall just in case it starts leaking in future. I need a 60cm long extension tube but I cant find one that is long enough :cry: I could only find 40cm tubes so I am a stuck

Alternatively, I could get a chrome plated waste pipe which is sold in 3m lengths. but these are straight and don't fit into a standard bottle trap.

So i can get a chrome plated tube that is long enough but it wont fit my bottle trap. I cant find a bottle trap that will take a straight 32mm pipe. Doh! I would be really grateful for suggestions on how to solve this problem!

Sponsored Links
Bit confused reading the post.

If you have a bottle trap and a pipe size which isnt a standerd size, you could always get a normal 32mm bottle trap and normal ABS 32mm white pipe, then spray it all with chrome spray paint?

Just a thought...

Thanks for your post John506. Firstly, I doubt whether a sprayed plastic pipe will look as good as a chrome plated cooper pipe. More crucially, a 32mm plastic pipe is straight and it wouldn't fit my bottle trap. My bottle trap like most other bottle traps connect to an extension pipe that narrows down at the end.

I need a chrome bottle trap that looks similar to mine that takes a straight 32mm pipe and if I find one, I can easily source a chrome plated waste pipe which is widely available. The problem is that I haven't been able to find a bottle trap like that.

Alternatively, I need a 60cm long extension tube that narrows at the end. I haven't been able to find that either.

Ahhhhhh

Bit confused reading the post.

If you have a bottle trap and a pipe size which isnt a standerd size, you could always get a normal 32mm bottle trap and normal ABS 32mm white pipe, then spray it all with chrome spray paint?

Just a thought...
I understand why you're confused. I didn't realise that my bottle trap has a 32mm outlet and the extension tube flares up from 32mm to 35mm. Sorry about that. Is it ok to replace the existing extension tube with a straight 32mm extension tube for the water waste?

Sponsored Links
Providing you can get a watertight seal, then all should be fine.

Providing you can get a watertight seal, then all should be fine.
what's the best way of connecting the chrome plated copper extension tube to the 90º Bend outside the house. could I glue it to a plastic bend? if so what do I use?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back