how to fill Valliant combie boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
:cry: can you help me or point me to a thread were i can find out how to fill my combi boiler it is a valliant condensing combi boiler eco max 800 series i know this is only basic but i cant find it anywhere, i have the manual but it does not show this procedure can anyone show me how please ????????????? (a picture would be better)

Sponsored Links
Do you have a small brass key approx 30mm which has a slot in the middle.This will fit into a valve underneath the boiler and turned to allow in water. Refill to one bar on guage and shut back off.
I too have a Valliant (non condenser ) and am assuming they are filled the same way :)

the valve you refer too ,,is it at the end of the cold water inlet? just before it enters the boiler! ,as this valve on my boiler has a brass thread sticking out of it with a slot in it ,,which may fit the key our refering to, if so do you screw the thread in or out?

thanks

If you look under your boiler you will see the cold supply pipe enter the boiler via a valve.
Attached to this valve (to the front) you will see a valve with a slot.
Your key has a raised slot which fits into it. Turn it i/4 turn to allow water in.
Let me know how you get on :)

Sponsored Links
I haven't checked the manual but the other Vaillant ones are on the underside of the boiler, towards the right front. Look for little SQUARES inside circles.

You can turn them with the "correct" tool which is a small L shaped thing, or with a radiator vent key. They turn 1/4 of a turn. You'll be able to hear when you've got them both open.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back