How to fit Hive to Potterton Suprima 40L

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Does anyone know how to / if its possible to fit a Hive receiver to a Potterton Suprima 40L boiler?

Here are some pics of the current system:

16858974040184669820703021441737.jpg

16858974833396825308790863066551.jpg

It has a 3 way valve and pump.

Thanks.

Sponsored Links
It’s likely possible, but you are likely to alter the wiring as that’s an awkward wiring center.

The 'wiring centre' you have is a Honeywell 'Smart fit' system - I believe the room unit uses a proprietary protocol to communicate with the 'wiring centre' and the 3 port valve actuator is extra low voltage 8V DC.

I may be wrong, but if you wish to convert to a Hive system, you may wish to start from scratch:
Get a conventional wiring centre, a new 3 port valve actuator (I don't know if the valve itself would be salvageable) and a new cylinder sensor etc.
I'm sorry, I dont think there's a more straightforward option, other than sticking with what you've got!

Yes you can fit a hive to a Suprima , but not with your existing system, you would need a new wiring centre and new mid position valve and new HW CYL Stat, so no not worth it unless your existing system goes faulty, as the parts are eye wateringly expensive

Last edited:
  • Thanks
Reactions: CBW
Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back