How to get free Sky channels without Sky box

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I watch TV just occasionally. I have an old Sky HD box without any subscription.

Now I want to take my TV to another room and I cannot take Sky box to that room.

What are my option if I want to watch free Sky channels without Sky box and without paying any subscriptions to any other service?
I am aware of Freeview but the free channels I watch are not on Freeview

My TV is not a smart TV so cannot connect to Wifi.

thanks

Sponsored Links
International channels such as ATN Bangla UK 779 just as an example

This is one of the free to watch channels, (https://ukfree.tv/channels/all/Sky).

\you esy your not able to take the sky box, but can you get a cable to the other room?
Also how far away from the box is the TV you want to use?

Sponsored Links
The other room is about 7 meters away. I am avoiding moving sky box around because I dont want to move around the cables.

I am looking into Firestick which looks promising

I am looking into Firestick which looks promising
Install kodi on your firestick, then an addon called TV One and you'll get plenty of options.

IMG_5595.jpeg

IMG_5594.jpeg

I use an Icecrypt STC3250CCIHD getting on a bit now, it is a free to air box, the electronic program guide is rather poor but it does receive HD so I can continue to watch I program I had been watching down stairs.

A freesat is much better EPG but rest is the same, so free to air bit of pot luck, but freesat should be same as Sky.

It's very easy to extend the satellite cables to your next room.... 4 connectors, 2 inline joiners & some shotgun cable. There are kits to do this on Ebay !!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back