How to get potholes repaired quickly

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Yeah but have you seen the repair :eek: , i'm sure the intention was for the council to remove all the offensive tarmac to effect a proper repair?

Yeah but have you seen the repair :eek: , i'm sure the intention was for the council to remove all the offensive tarmac to effect a proper repair?

That's right. They should draw a really giant sized one to get the whole road re-surfaced. :D

Now where is my tin of road marking spray paint?
We have a few million potholes here - should I perhaps try and paint the feminine part around them instead of a willy?

The upgrading of the M60 to a smart motorway has caused a right mess of the surface and numerous potholes. Absolute disgrace :confused:

• Thanks
Reactions: JBR
None of these roads are ever going to be smart.

They would have been, were they built as intended.

But cuts meant the original and subsequent plans were shelved over the years, plans were watered down and brilliant ideas were never implemented.

Like the fact that the A556 was planned to be upgraded to the A556(M).

The M67, which should have started in the city centre and gone right through to Sheff.

That's why there are signs in the city saying Sheffield M67.

And why the Denton junction of the 67 where it meets the 60 rises up? To go over the M60 and continue...

No wonder we call it the Ski Jump!

Princess Parkway was to be a Motorway. That's why a lot of the development on one side of the road is set back - to allow for road widening. And that's why there's a huge junction with Greenheyes Lane. That junction was where the Parkway Motorway and the Inner Ring Road (another unbuilt road) were due to meet at a huge roundabout.

Talking of the M60, one of these shelved ideas is at Bredbury. Drive round towards J1 and where the 50mph section is, look to your right.

A huge gulf between the carriageways opens up.

This was to be the off slip for the A6(M). There's even an unused gantry sign ready.

Now the A555 (another road which suffered from a crippling lack of money)is cracking on, it will link the existing A555 near me to the Airport one way and to High Lane the other. There are recommendations in SEMMMS to link the High Lane end of the proposed A555 back to the M60, but whether or when this will happen, who knows?

I think it's quite sad to think that there were actually very forward-thinking people planning fantastic improvements to our road network (don't forget that a lot of these plans were drawn up in the forties or earlier) but that the vast majority of it was scrapped or downgraded due to a lack of funds.

• Thanks
Reactions: JBR
One of the greatest travesties IMHO was the building of the A55 expressway along the north welsh coast. One of the towns (Penmaenmawr) used to have a beautiful and rustic promenade with beaches to die for, and which was a regular holiday slot for many and attracted many people in the surrounding towns and villages at weekends and bank holidays.

The A55 was built along the seafront and necessitated the loss of a wide strip of this beach as they had to build a new promenade (in fact the only new promenade in the UK in the 20th century), and used that oh so attractive look of concrete blocks.

Nowadays, hardly anyone goes there, even though they can get there more efficiently by road, since it is a characterless shell of a beach with load traffic roaring past.

Such a shame that "progress" occasionally seem to forget its own purpose. :cry:

Sponsored Links
Back