How to move a central heating radiator

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi just signed up as i need some advice on moveing a radiator in the kitchen from one side to the other.

I know how to rerun the pipes and fix rad to wall,but what im NOT sure about is draining the system,How do i do it ?,havnt really looked yet but it seems thers only one tank in the attic does this supply main water as well as central heating?
Thanks for any help Mark

Sponsored Links
Do you have a boiler / what it it / is it pressurised?

Do you have a cylinder / what is it?

Do you have a small cistern above the cylinder?

Can you locate any drain off cocks anywhere on the pipework?

Can you tell us anything more about your system that might be relevant to your question? Age would be interesting, also any recent maintenance / repairs.

The system must be 30 years old it has a gas boiler a seperate hot water tank,and not to sure on this as i havnt had a good look round the attick yet but i think theres only one supply tanks it also has a pumo . .Thers a stop cock in basement ,havnt really looked for any drains valves yet and i am not to sure if its a sealed system or vented.I am almost sure it vented

If its vented if i close the stop cock open a water tap thats in the basement open the blead valve on the radiators will this drain the water/heating system ,like i have already said i think thers only 1 supply tank in the attic

Thanks again Mark

Sponsored Links
Incidently if u count the attic its a 4 story building the copper hot water tank is on the second floor in a cupboard in the liveing room.The gas bolier and i think its a pump are down the basement.Also the valves on the rads have got both the supply and return on the same side and not either end the copper pipework going to them is of a narrower bore than the rads in my house

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back