How to only switch off the central heating supply

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We need to take off a radiator and replace it with with a smaller radiator. I've switched off the radiator valves and taken teh radiator off. However i now need to switch off the water supply to the central heating system. I have a vaillant combi boiler. Can anyone tell me how i switch off only the water supply to the central heating system. Thanks. I can't seem to figure it out other than to switch off the mains water feed into the boiler but i'm sure there must be a way of just switching the water off to the central heating.
Can i just turn off the boiler and that will only give me cold water to the taps? and nothing through to the central heating.
Hummy

Sponsored Links
There will be two valves underneath the boiler to shut off the radiator circulation. The water will still be in the system which will need to be drained if you need to alter any pipework.

For what its worth, the heating system is only filled up once and the supply is then shut off via the filling loop. That water stays in the system and circulates. The only time you need to refill it is if you have pressure loss/leak.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back