how to open the front panel of a Servis 1500?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hello everybody,

I am new to this site, please forgive any mistake I might make at first.

I made a research in the previous posts about the same washing machine I have and couldn't find anything helpful to my problem which is:

I have a Servis 7kg 1500 AA washing machine that is a bit more than a year old.
The start button is now stuck in the rear of the front panel and I was wondering if I could open it to unblock the button...but I don't know how to safely un-mount it, if it's at all possible.

Perhaps someone could give me an advice?

Thanks a lot!

Sponsored Links
Servis went bust 2 years ago so parts are getting harder to get and cost more.

You have not posted the model number but on some servis machines you remove the top 'when it is unplugged' (some have very long screws that go from the front to the rear as well as short back ones and or side ones).

At the front is a little PCB that has a rubber membrane on the front of it, these membranes split and prevent the button springing back into position.

The PCB is usually held in place with a couple of screws

http://www.buyspares.co.uk/washing-...15353&shop=servis&path=61187&model_ref=480679

without the model number I will not be able to say much else except to get to have a look at most of the controls you need to remove the top first

Thank you very much, Leccy758

The model number is M6725W

...on some servis machines you remove the top 'when it is unplugged' (some have very long screws that go from the front to the rear as well as short back ones and or side ones).

without the model number I will not be able to say much else except to get to have a look at most of the controls you need to remove the top first

I don't understand how to remove the top, I only see screws in the washing tray.

Also, something new happened: all four plastic pieces inside the tumbler have detached, and I can't seem to put them back. It is as if they have been teared off. Do you know if they are replaceable?

thank you again for your help

to remove lids

sometimes they have screws under little covers on the sides that need to be removed
Others can have blots or screws at the rear of the top sometimes under the overhang

usually they then lift upwards and rearwards

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back