How to remove this window handle

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All,

I have this very awkward window handle which doesnt seem to have any screws connecting it onto the frame (see below)

Any ideas how i would take this off to replace???
20171230_125147.jpg

Sponsored Links
Is that a nail on the right hand side ? ! Left side looks like it used to be a screw before someone mashed it.

I assumed they was both screws but it does look like left side is a damaged screw or nut and right side I can't even make out because of the rust on this.

The handle states cotswold es900

Both are screws, philipps head, should be able to remove left hand screw and maybe drill off the top of the rusty one then remove with pliers once handle is off.

Sponsored Links
get some left handed drills. The torque and vibration often removes screws. If not, you've still got the heads off or drilled them through. No extra effort.

Not expensive and last a long time as seldom used.

Don't get easy-outs.

BTW buy a few stainless screws for reassembly. You can buy them by the dozen on ebay. Going into ally you should use Nickel Grease if you can find it.

Not copper grease which corrodes the aluminium.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back