how to repair heat loss in trailer situation

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi everyone, I live in a converted trailer in a cold climate.

There are two roof(s), the dome of the trailer, and a peak roof (no leakes and well ventilated) over that.

The problem I am having is that the bathroom ceiling drips when there is a thaw -- indicating a heat loss. Verified somewhat by the fact that when no heat is on in the bathroom and the door kept closed (yes... brrrr), there is no drips when the thaw comes.

I pulled down some of the ceiling board, and right behind is some poly vapour barrier, this inside (ie between celing and poly) is damp. Above that is the space between it and the dome ceiling of the trailer.

I have no access from above whatsoever, so any insulation/repair has to come from the bathroom space and working above head.

I would like to know which products and methods might be best to accomplish the trapping of heat in the bathroom and prevention of the condensation issue that is ruining the ceiling board.

ie blanket insul above and alum vapour barrier under? or rigid insul then green board?

Your advice is appreciated as I'm tired of a cold bathroom!

thank you.
Riva

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back