how to repressurise a warmflow/zilmet oilfired boiler system

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I recently bled a couple of radiators and now the pressure guage on my oil-fired boiler system is reading low, beneath the highlighted range. The downstairs radiators heat up but the radiators upstairs are cold.
I presume I need to repressurise my boiler but can't work out how.
A lot of websites tell you how to use the filling loop but my boiler system doesn't appear to have one.
Once when I got my boiler serviced, the engineer used a piece of garden hose but I didn't pay attention to how he did it and haven't been able to do it myself!
The boiler is Warmflow but I can't see a model number and the red tank below is Zilmet.
Can anyone help me?
Many thanks

Sponsored Links
You appear to have a open pipe and a valve on the red tank (expansion vessel).
If you open the valve and water comes out, then it seems to be the obvious place to put the hose pipe and put water in to increase the pressure gradually.

This appears to be a highly dangerous installation. :rolleyes:

Given the lash up of plastic pipework it it not surprising.

Between the safety valve and the expansion vessel appears to be a closed service valve, ie. the current installation has no provision to relieve excess pressure. This valve must be removed.

The outlet of the safety valve does not appear to be plumbed in to allow a safe discharge of water/steam.

A standard filling loop hose is normally used to connect to the double check valve..where is this and why has a 15mm piece of copper pipe been fitted to the valve?

I suggest you....

Re-charge the expansion vessel as in the FAQs, set to 0.8 bar if a standard height property.
Remove the isolating valve between the vessel and the safety valve, replace with a 1/2 nipple.
Buy a new filling loop (ensure it has two valves and fit the double check valve to the domestic mains side to comply).
Plumb in the safety valve outlet to terminate outside the building.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back