how to reset the trip switch on a Hotpoint dwf 30 ?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My dishwasher has tripped out and will not start the cycle, although the red lights are on. The bottom was full of water which I have dreaned, I have the left hand panel off and can see the trip mechanism but can't get it to reset. Ant ideas?

Sponsored Links
There is no trip switch only a poly float in the base if it's full of water drain it out the it should start to fill, is the pump blocked

I have the left hand cover off now and have found that if Imove the red float upwards the machine starts up but still does not take water in. If i pour water in to the bottom it pumps out OK (when I lift the float) so that part of it works.

If it's not taking water in clean the matrix on the side remove all the gunge and then clear out the ribbed tube that goes to the sump.

Sponsored Links
Thanks for your help rocks1, it looks like an electrical falt, and as its an old machine i have decided its not worth spending money on. cheers anyway.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back