Howdens standard wall cabinets and boilers

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there, I'm planning a kitchen install, using standard Howdens wall cabinets of size 720x500x290 (height x width x depth).

In the kitchen is a boiler, again pretty standard as boiler dimensions go, 700x400x330 (excluding flue).

The boiler is already hung and cannot be moved, so the choices are:

i. Cabinets either side of an un-ventilated boiler. boiler is a 40mm fatter and will protrude.

ii. Batton behind the cabinets to bring them flush with the boiler?! I guess that will not look good if not done properly! But I like the idea of creative lighting behind the cabinets.

iii. Cabinets either side and a boxed in boiler, I understand this is a hassle as there are no readily available boxes.

I'm already provisioning for the pipes under the boiler to be boxed (except for the boiler's filling link to re-pressure the central heating system).

I would appreciate any tips, I am not a professional kitchen fitter but will be employing a trusted builder. I may get a dedicated joiner if any real clever ideas are out there that need one!

Sponsored Links
Hi
Dont know if u have sorted ur problem yet or not if not reply and a will give u some advice a work with a heating company as a joiner and get this kind of thing every day why they dont just make boilers deep enough to fit inside a unit i will never know mayb one day a guess!!!!!!!!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back