howe to turn my boiler on?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Morning all :)

I've just moved house - bought my own, first one.

It has an ariston eurocombi boiler, and i can't work out how to turn the pilot on, so in consequence, we have no hot water.

Does anyone have any ideas? (Pressing the 'on' switch does nothing)

:)

Lynne

Sponsored Links
Does not have a pilot.

You might have two push switches on right on boiler control panel. Red switch should be on (lamp within glowing)

White switch when pushed in, will put the heating on if timer and/ or calling.

Having said above, there are different versions of Eurocombi- a picture will tell all,

how to turn my boiler on?

Talk to it softly, gently massaging it.

Sponsored Links
If you can get the heating to work OK but dont get hot water then the boiler will have a fault!

Why not explain why you suddenly have this problem?

Tony

If it did not work when you first entered the property you should ask the seller to show you how to set it.

The chances are that its actually faulty!

In that case unless it was disclosed to you during the conveyancing process the seller has the responsibility for paying to have it fixed.

If you are satisfied that you have set it correctly and the seller is not available to ask then it would be a good idea to get a competent boiler engineer to come and service it and repair it if necessary.

Do you have a gas cooker? If so who fitted that?

Tony

Ask Lord Geoffrey Howe of Aberavon :idea: he`s got more letters after his name than Agile
He opens Fetes too

Agile";p="2040399 said:
If it did not work when you first entered the property you should ask the seller to show you how to set it.
Agile";p="2040399 said:
good luck with that, unless you know them!

The chances are that its actually faulty!
Why?

In that case unless it was disclosed to you during the conveyancing process the seller has the responsibility for paying to have it fixed.

Only if the qustion regarding satisfactory operation was asked by the buyers solicitor (or unlkess you live in scotland, apparently)

If you are satisfied that you have set it correctly and the seller is not available to ask then it would be a good idea to get a competent boiler engineer to come and service it and repair it if necessary.

Tony, she isn't satisfied that she knows waht she is doing, hence the question.

Do you have a gas cooker? If so who fitted that?

Why, Tony, you gonna offer to fit it for £84?

poigirl,

Generaklly, don't listen to Tony's ramblings. setting a boiler is normally easy, but on top of everything else you have to do, when you move to a new home, it can be tiresome, and apparently daunting.

I am not familiar with that boiler, but Tony did raise one good point. I always advice folk moving into a new home to get the gas checked out, unless you KNOW it has been done alread. You won't know the history, and, espedially if you have open flued appliances, gas fires etc, there can be danger lurking. I am not trying to be a scaremonger, but it is a serious issue.

Is this your boiler. This is the user manual, that I hope you will find useful.

http://www.ariston.co.uk/uploads/doc48a2e19cb2849.pdf

Good luck in your new home.

And remember to buy a new gas fire from a "proper" shop

[quote="gremlin16";p="2040660"]
And remember to buy a new gas fire from a "proper" shop

Focal Point fires dont count as proper fires and B&Q dont count as proper shops. ;)[/quote]

You got that right, Gremlin!

yer bq got to love them
been their and people ask will new boiler fit their old boiler :rolleyes:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back