"Howling" boiler when it starts up

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fan does not "suck in gas", gas flows into the ignition chamber under pressure from the supply regulator.
My system mixes the gas and air before it goes into the ignition chamber (as opposed to being mixed in the chamber)(also has an inverted burner assembly i.e. top down))
How is the reading coming on Old Duffer.

Sponsored Links
I found this video on youtube of someone taking apart this sort of boiler
. Between roughly 12:00 and 15:00 he takes apart the air intake pipes. More intrincate than I imagined with several bends. I do wonder if that could be the cause although I would be surprised that a product out in the market (and for over a decade according to the guy) could have such a fault!

On a condensing band A boiler?

Old duffer you need to do some further reading. Pray tell how the oxypilot works.
Where did I say boiler uses oxypilot.

Clearly you explanation while has some merit it is devoid of practical functionality. I challenge you to apply a manometer to output side of a gas valve in a band A boiler and check if it indicated burner pressure at full power
ok, for the simple physics it works on the
On a condensing band A boiler?

Old duffer you need to do some further reading. Pray tell how the oxypilot works.
Where did I say boiler uses oxypilot.

Clearly you explanation while has some merit it is devoid of practical functionality. I challenge you to apply a manometer to output side of a gas valve in a band A boiler and check if it indicated burner pressure at full power
If a flame is starved of oxygen, it lifts off the burner in search of oxygen. This effect is exploited by oxypilot assembly in gas fires

Sponsored Links
This forum does not support gas work
I was playing with my dads boiler the other day ****************************

We advise you do not play with boilers

Last edited by a moderator:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back