hypothetical moral dilema..

On 2 occasions saw mates get 500+ quid overtime payments from BG paid 2 weeks running instead of 1 . No chance they informed them.
One guy got 444 hours holiday for the year instead of 222 he asked me if he should take them eh yes its not your mistake think they even bought a week back off him

the holiday thing is quite common. the payroll staff are not the most diligent at BG. makes me wonder how many mistakes they make BG's way as it's moderately difficult to be 100% accurate with your own pay calculations.

Sponsored Links
On a similar note; possibly requiring a different thread;

If a bank robber came running out the bank, and chucked a load of cash in the air, as a diversion, would you keep it?

Harder to trace than a wage error. So you have to be more honest.

How about if a cash machine gave you double cash? (seen it happen), but the ATM didn't register the extra cash? Would you keep it? I've seen long queues at ATM's because they have done this, so why queue, if you are going to give it back? Greed is bad.

The OP's post and the latter are traceable, but the bank robber isn't..so how honest are you?

Coljack - might not be an error, every companies is difference, when I got my 1st payslip, I got 3 weeks pay in advance and 1 week behind and the 2nd company I've work for gave me 1 month salary straight away!

Best to check it out and be honest because they can claw it all back & how would you feel once they approach you?

there was no error, I just totted it up roughly in my head wrong and was surprised when there was a bit more than I had thought there would be, but on working it out it's right..

it's strange with this monthly salary rather than weekly pay and it threw me a bit..
I'd worked it out on 3 weeks pay, but a months slary is a little over 4 weeks pay as there would be 13 x 4 week months in a year. it was worked out as well as X days out of Y for the month multiplied by the monthly salary, so it worked out to 3 1/2 weeks or something...

Sponsored Links
I take it that DM post was deleted?

I would like to lodge an official complaint against him but since it's been deleted I cannot "notify the admins"

I'm not a mean person but I do wish that one day he'd............ no, better not finish that thought.....

In the early 70's worked for the MOD on a temp contract building glass fibre shields for Land rovers.
The first weeks money payed in cash in the little brown packet came to triple what I was expecting, anyhow the chargehand came over and asked if the money was ok I said yes and he said right Thats a fiver .
I gave him the Fiver I was still quids in, he took a Fiver off every guy there but then again he did fill in the overtime dockets. :eek:

About 15 years ago, I staggered home one night from the pub after a few glasses of Americas finest ( Unfortunately Bud still isn't that good ), and I found a tenner. Kept it. The following Friday, out again, not as drunk, strolling home, checked my wallet, tenner missing. Remembered getting my wallet out at the garage to buy some smokes ( nasty habit, well kicked into touch ) ans something dropped out, thought it was a receipt. Evidently it wasn't !!

I'm a great believer in Kharma :)

Sponsored Links
Back