I don't like my kitchen shelf studs

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Its a B&Q kitchen and the shelf supports don't seem to want to sit nice they start at an angle and you are suppose to bang on the shelf to get the ridges to bite into the hole and also at the same time there are 3 spikes that suppose to dig into the shelf - which they do not do very well and mark the shelf although you can not see it.
Its all a bit rubbish, looking at just getting different ones but most I have seen have a little lip at the top which would not work for me as my shelves are a tight fit.

Attachments

• IMG-20231215-WA0000.jpg
    IMG-20231215-WA0000.jpg
    75.4 KB · Views: 46
Sponsored Links
You could get a plain chrome / nickel 5mm dowel

You could get a plain chrome / nickel 5mm dowel

They are a little bit ugly I think but not so bad if the shelf has the slot in them.

these are simple but effective...

or these...

Sponsored Links
Its a B&Q kitchen and the shelf supports don't seem to want to sit nice they start at an angle and you are suppose to bang on the shelf to get the ridges to bite into the hole and also at the same time there are 3 spikes that suppose to dig into the shelf - which they do not do very well and mark the shelf although you can not see it.
Its all a bit rubbish, looking at just getting different ones but most I have seen have a little lip at the top which would not work for me as my shelves are a tight fit.
The supports work perfectly fine.

The three little pins under the shelf will bed themselves in overtime when you start loading the shelves.

Personally, when I look in a cupboard for something, I'm not looking at the shelf supports.
I have issues - what can I say :cool:

these are simple but effective...

or these...
Quite like the look of the toolstation ones

Ok update- I brought the toolstation ones and think they are much better, they sit nice and have a bigger surface area to hold the shelf and I think they look smart too. The holes I have tried them in feel nice and snug.
IMG_20231223_164955498-01.jpegIMG_20231223_164903565-01.jpegIMG_20231223_164804058-01.jpegIMG_20231223_164553271-01.jpeg

Before you can load the cupboard with festive goodies, you gotta get the shelves looking smart and well-supported!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back