I have 5 reccesed down lighters

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have 5 reccessed down lighters in my son old bed room he has moved out and I would like to return a central light as I dislike down lighters is this an expensive job?.

Sponsored Links
Electrically not expensive - providing there is easy access to the ceiling from above (the loft?)

Probably a couple of hours.

Your real expense will be getting a plasterer to repair the swiss cheese effect in the ceiling and skim it so its all nice and smooth again.

It's unusual for houses to have central bedroom lights. The light is usually placed a couple of feet in front of the window.

This was certainly the case for houses built in the last centuary. I'm not so sure though that modern houses adopt the same tradition.

Sponsored Links
It's unusual for houses to have central bedroom lights. The light is usually placed a couple of feet in front of the window.

This was certainly the case for houses built in the last centuary. I'm not so sure though that modern houses adopt the same tradition.

I think it was about 1950 - 1960 that people stopped putting pendants in front of the bedroom window.

My house was built in 1972 - bedroom pendants are in front of windows

Electrically not expensive - providing there is easy access to the ceiling from above (the loft?)

Probably a couple of hours.

Your real expense will be getting a plasterer to repair the swiss cheese eff
e
ct in the ceiling and skim it so its all nice and smooth again.

We do have loft access and the ceiling is artexed so this should make repair not too difficult?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back