I want a smoth finish can a roller do it? advice needed.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello,

I have to paint a large area, emulsion....and I dont want the textured finish that I have seen from most rollers, some people on here dont like pads but is it the way to go?

Or are there top quality rollers that can do the job, make and model..

thank you in advance

Sponsored Links
The best ones I had found are woven pile sleeves go for a trade one the the larger 13/4 diameter 9 inch. short pile

They are sometimes called lifetimer sleeves.

Dont have the paint to thick...and try to make sure it doesnt dry too soon otherwise it wont flow..leaving the roller marks.

If the surface is porous then seal it with a thin coat first...again this will cause you problems becasue you wont be able to roll the paint out properly

Hello Zampa.

I know pros dont like pads, but I have seen good emulsion finishes and no marks. do you think a roller can do as good?

can you point me a link to this super roller.

Many thnaks

Darren

Best thing to do is use acrlylic matt or acrlylic eggshell and apply with a big gloss roller head. Though if your painting over allready painted surfaces, then any previous emulsion texture will show through no matter what paint you use. For the best in the world results is to get all walls and cielings re-plastered and spray paint them with acrlylic matt or acrlylic eggshell and i promise you it will be like smooth as the surface of glass. Though that is an costly routte indeed.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back