i will offer a reward to anyone that solves this !!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi guys and gals

I have a problem with 2 washing machines 1 a miele premier 520 and the other a bosch classix 6

The problem is that the bosch seems to over spin clothes almost draining the life out of them (they come out of the machine stuck to each other) , the miele seems to cause clothes to sag and droop thus losing their shape and coming out the machine bigger and with colours washed out.

The miele on a 40 degree cycle washes for 2hr and the bosch 1.30hr

These machines are 2 of 3 in the house all with the same or similar issues since we had our kitchen redone and our bosch wff2000 died, however the plumber has been round and said there is nothing wrong the connections , this was somewhat supported by the miele engineer , who said he could not see any problems ); , However a repair guy swears the machines drainage is too high but its no higher than stated in the manual arrgghhh

This is driving me MAD , every machine i buy has the same problems sooner or later (usually within 2 weeks) and no one can figure out why ?

What could these issues be associated with , which things should i get the plumbers or engineers to check ?

I will offer a reward to anyone that cracks this enigma or can come and have a look at the machines , i am in east london.

Sponsored Links
Can you provide more details about how you use the machines, ie. which programmes you use, do you select lower spin speeds but still have problems. Also what do you mean by " the drainage is too high" ?

hi

the spin speeds selected are no higher than 600-800 and the wash cycles programmes are standard 40 degree's with a pre-wash and reduced ironing selected. or maybe higher water level

By drainage i mean the waste pipe that goes from the machine to the main drain.

If you are using spin speeds that low, I would not have thought that your washing should be damaged by a machine, unless they are particularly delicate fabrics. If you are following the washing guidelines on the garments properly it may suggest faulty garments. It is normal & unavoidable for clothes to be bunched together after spinning & if you can see an appreciable difference in the spin speed for each setting then the machine would appear to be working normally(ie not spinning at the highest speed on all settings)Do you particularly need to do a pre-wash, it is normally only needed on very dirty garments & wastes time & energy for normal washing. I cannot see what difference the height of the waste outlet would make as if it was too high the machine would not empty. Sorry, but I do not know what other advice I can offer & you are much too far away from me for a visit.I do not want to offend you, but if you are experiencing the same problem with several machines, could it be your expectations of a washing machine are maybe too high?

Sponsored Links
hi, are you talking about woolen clothes ? when you say they are sagging and out of shape
I dont think you should be spinning woolens, read the lables
PS, can i have my reward now!!! lol

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back