ICI Caldaie Solar I 20SE - NIghtmare :-(

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi folks,

Hope you might be able to help.

I have an ICI Caldaie Solar I 20SE combi boiler. On friday the DHW just stopped working but the CH was ok. After reading a bit here i decided to have a look to see if it had a diverter valve and if that was working..alas no it doesn't have one. Instead I found a heat sensor linked to the DHW pipe. I was getting 2 seconds hot and then run cold.

I took this sensor out and cleaned it up as it was a bit limescaley. I also noticed then a slightly duff cable when i moved the lead i was getting electical crackle. This was great and both worked until saturday morning, when the hot water worked but the CH didn't.

Opened it up again and looked to the main PCB and after getting my handy mate around realised that the duff electriacal connect was on the board. so board out, resoldered the 5 duff conectors and all good, no crackle hot water perfect.

CH still don't work.

There is a heat sensor at the top for measuring the temp of the CH which i thought might be it, so i drained the system, fluched with cold and still it wouldn't fire for the CH.

All I can see let is the flow meter?? or a change of PCB which is £180.

What do you think ive missed?

Thanks in advance

Liam

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back