Ideal c80ff Locking Out

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi. I have an intermittent problem with my boiler, in that the orange lockout neon keeps coming on.

Boiler is an Ideal C80FF Model.

When CH is on and hot water drawn, the system sometimes locks out and needs resetting (pressing the lockout button doesn't do it - so have to turn off boiler conrol knob and on again).

Occasionally, in CH mode the neon comes on and needs resetting. Sometimes will not fire up at all then lockout comes on after about 5 mins with an audible click.

DHW takes about 30 seconds to fire up.

Under service with BGas. New PCB installed last week along with new diaphragm in diverter valve.

Could it be the Ignition board PCB or something else such as the fan/air flow/venturi?

Going to get BG out again, but want to be forearmed as want to cover all possibilities.

Thanks in advance for any advice.

Sponsored Links
I would say its most likely to be the gas valve is not set up correctly. The min/max needs to be checked but few engineers seem very competent at doing it.

But it could be anything at all to do with the combustion process and the fan/venturi would be a prime suspect.

All the province of a competent CORGI but obviously as you have a BG contract you are going to leave it to them.

I would strongly advise you to leave it to them without telling them how to do their job. If you upset them they are quite capable to add an impending fault just the serve you right.

We do NOT like clients who think they know more than we do! They never do!

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back