Ideal Esprit HE24 boiler - no hot water

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I say no hot water but ......

OK start from the beginning. (Spark to trade ... I know, I know) Was working fine until 16 months ago and we noticed we wouldnt get hot water unless the pre heat was on. If that was on, we would get hot water as normal.

This became slowly less reliable until a few weeks back we no longer get any hot water other than perhaps 10 seconds at the start (I assume the pre heat volume).

I have removed the diverter motor and checked the pin, header seems to move in and out ok, and the pin in the diverter feels fine without removing it I cant see but it is moving.

Operating the hot water and activating the pin in the valve manually appears to make no difference. The boiler does kick in when there is a demand for hot water so I am assuming a valve somewhere is blocked or not opening.

Read a few stories of woe involving diverter valves, the motors and the BOILER FLOW SWITCH CARTRIDGE & FILTER 174844......

Last edited:
Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back