Ideal HE24 control system error

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've got a remote thermostat for my Ideal Isar HE24, which has recently stopped working (CH only, DHW is fine)
The remote unit communicates with the relay unit, however the relay unit doesn't seem to be communicating with boiler. If I attempt to switch the boiler on with the remote, the yellow relay LED shows that it's received the signal, but the boiler fails to respond in any way.

So...firstly I'm assuming it's the relay that's kanackered. (Happy to be corrected though). It could be an issue with the terminal blocks, as one was faulty. I switched them around but still no joy. So a couple of questions:

1. Can I switch the CH on from the boiler itself? I can't seem to find any kind of manual switch, but I could be being daft.

2. Can I get a manual switch for the boiler?

3. Is there anything I can do for right now to get the heating on, any connection that can be made? My wife is 6 months pregenant and our house bloody freezing!! (Snow in April - are you kidding me?!)

Ta, Charlie.

Sponsored Links
Turn off electic to boiler at fused spur. remove bottom cover plate. Pull out electric connector block (central) link L1 & L2 together (look in manual to be sure)

This will set boiler to constant CH, no room temp control. Switch electric back on.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back