Ideal Icos HE24 noisey

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Just to make it very clear from the outset, the purpose of this post is not to seek advice to enable me to carry out repairs myself but to educate myself to avoid being ripped off.

I have just moved to a home which is fitted with an Ideal Icos HE24 boiler (same as my previous home) and it seems to make some horrible banging when firing up/ running.

Having done a little bit of research, the condensate trap comes up a few times amongst other things but more worryingly despite turning the heating off on the programmer (Drayton Tempus 2 + 2 x Drayton Digistat3) the boiler status still shows as "c" and the "burner on" neon led is still flashing away?
It also seems that the boiler still wants to fire up?
Am I missing something in the way this system/set up operates?

Unfortunately the previous home owner wasn't very good at getting the system serviced as it hasn't been touched since being installed in 2007 according to the records so that obviously needs to happen once I find someone to do this for me.

Any advice or suggestions greatly appreciated.

Sponsored Links
Firstly you should get it serviced. Most servicing guys would give ou a fixed price for that, although you might need a couple of bits that are only a few quid each.
As for your status, you will have a demand if the HW is being call for or if 1 of your motorised valves is faulty.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back