ideal icos, no hot water.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I have an issue with Ideal Icos system, low water pressure. I had no central heating after draining system to fit a towel warmer, this was due to an air lock in pump which I sorted thanks to this forum and now central heating works.

Now water pressure is very low. Think issue is boiler needs refilling but there is no red tank or refill valve anywhere that I can see as in other posts related to this. Pic of airing cupboard below. any ideas?

IMG_0287.JPG

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
When you drained the system to fit the towel warmer ,how did you then fill the system up ??

Hi thanks for replying! I simply turned off mains water, drained, then after work turned mains water back on again. Heating seems to now work after bleeding circulation pump. There’s no obvious valve to refil and no pressure gauge on boiler or in airing cupboard...

it could well be an open vented system,
i bet those two pipes going up into the loft are the open vent and cold feed.
but by the looks of the set up in your picture if your heating is working and has no air in it then so should your hot water, unless the 2 port is gubbed of course.

you say water pressure is low, what do you mean?

Sponsored Links
Hot water pressure from shower and taps is way lower than before I completed work. There is hot water now but around half the pressure I had before. Still thinking that the boiler hasn’t properly refilled maybe??

Your boiler /radiators are fed from a small tank ,usually in the attic. You do not have a filling loop to top up boiler pressure. The domestic hot water from the tank is delivered to taps / shower via mains water pressure. As you have closed your stopcock ,make sure it has been fully opened .

Hot water pressure from shower and taps is way lower than before I completed work. There is hot water now but around half the pressure I had before. Still thinking that the boiler hasn’t properly refilled maybe??

nope!
your work on the heating has nothing to do with the water coming out the tap,
as above, make sure the stopcock you closed is now fully open

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back