Ideal Isar he30 problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

I have an Ideal Isat HE30 that I’ve had for about 4 years. Recently i have been experiencing problems with the boiler firing up randomly at all times of the day and night.
At first myself and a couple of different gas fitters thought it may have been a problem with the programmable room stat so we installed a new one but the problem continued. Then another fitter thought it may be the diverter valve so we replaced that and still the problem continues.
Now i have been told it may be a problem with the PCB.

Has anyone else come across this problem? I know this boiler should fire up for the pre heat but mine actually sends heat to rads and can stay on for up to an hour.

In the 4 years i have had this boiler i must have had a couple of new heat exchangers, a new fan, a new pcb and now a diverter valve!

I’m at the end of my tether with the thing now!

Also I forgot to mention that the problem stops when i turn the programmable stat off and the boiler.

Thanks

Rob

Sponsored Links
Hi,
I have it set on the minimum the stat will allow which is 5 degrees but its coming on when the temp is much higher than that

was the complete diverter valve definitely changed or just the motorised head part of it?

When it comes on, what does the display say, 'c' or 't' or 'd'?

If its d or t then it is the preheat coming on or a demand for water and the div valve is passing to the rads. Maybe the body wasnt changed?

If its c then the boiler is showing an external demand for heating.

Sponsored Links
Im not really sure, i know i paid about £140 just for the part. I will ask the orginal fitter exactly what was replaced but the latest guy ive had out told me the divertor valve looks ok. He seems to think its either the stat or PCB but the stat is only a month or so old (salus RT500RF) and with the amount ive already spend on it recently i want to be sure before replacing anything else.

incase you never saw the edited post, have a look at boiler next time it comes on and take note of what letter is on the display.

Sorry I didn’t read the post all the way to the bottom!

It is showing C on the boiler when it fires up so from what you’re saying I’m assuming its a problem with the stat or how the stat is wired up?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back