Ideal isar M30100 problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

i have an ideal isar m30100 combi boiler, the problem is that i cant get no hot water or even unable to put on the CH on, i took the underside of the panel off and a bit of water leaked out i dont know where the leak is coming from, i switched the boiler off for a day or so from the mains put it back on today and the front facia unit was flickering on and off erratically and then all of a sudden the boiler started working again water was perfectly hot and central heating was okay

i decided to switch the boiler off, put it back on, and now i am back to square 1 again, only the power light is on, no visual display, no signs, no reading on the facia unit no hot water and unable to put on central heating

i personally believe it maybe the main PCB or the facia PCB, if it is PCB or PCB facia where is the best place to purchase these from?

all your opinions would be greatly appreciated

Sponsored Links
If you have a water leak you need to find this and cure before replacing anything as if it is this causing the problem it will do it again to the new part.

These are notorious for pcb's blowing but they are certainley not cheap to replace.

Google it, there ar many online suppliers, or try www.partscenter.co.uk but they will probably be the most expensive.

well said gas4you, changed loads of pcbs on these! id leave the bottom off n try n see where the leak is coming from.. but if ya got enuff money change the boiler, they are crap and horrible to work on! :evil:

the leak is probably from the condense trap

when did you last have it serviced out of interest?

Sponsored Links

Or heat exchanger, flue seals, diverter valve...in fact any part on these that carries water!.

I have only changed a pcb on these once and I think that was an icos not an isar...in fact I probably have a new unused box in the shed from a while back...is it the one without the ignition lead on the box?

Virtually all those I have seen leaking were from the AAV which drops water onto the display PCB and usually blows the unprotected PCB from the increased current taken.

Not a very well designed PCB!

Not a well positioned AAV either!

Tony

Or heat exchanger, flue seals, diverter valve...in fact any part on these that carries water!.

I have only changed a pcb on these once and I think that was an icos not an isar...in fact I probably have a new unused box in the shed from a while back...is it the one without the ignition lead on the box?

I am pretty sure thats the HE version rather than the old m series oll

and I agree tony, they do sort of position all water weak points right over the electronics

anyone else noticed HOW many makers are doing that now? or I am just being a tad cynical

:)

i have replaced the pcb purchased one of e-bay seems to have done the trick it is working now, however at the back of the boiler i think it is leaking i believe it is coming from the condensate trap

how do i sort this out? to stop it from leaking?

ive had it wen the metal part off of the "heat engine" has coroded away n i had to replace the whole heat exchander! :eek:

just try takin the condensate out and resealin it, id give it a clean while its out n all!

ive had it wen the metal part off of the "heat engine" has coroded away n i had to replace the whole heat exchander! :eek:

I've had this on an Isar and an Icos open vent as well, 1 6 months old, the other 3 years old :eek:

Drop the bottom cover plate, drop the digital display down, drop the pcb forward then undo the 2 screws holding in the trap, left hand one is always awkward. Then pull the trap off and remove. I always remove the rubber pipe from the overflow pipe first.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back