ideal logic+ combi luke warm

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
i have a ideal combi boiler 30. only 2 years old in a new build house. heat is set up to 60 degrees and preheat is on. winter setting is on and in perfect working order aside from out the taps and shower and bath the water will never be hot. only luke warm at best. and when i say luke warm expect a slightly cold shower. its luke enough to the point where if its a bath run it can be a nice warm bath aslong as you dont run the cold tap at all, and when washing your hands it will feel warm but when you are naked in the shower you will notice how "un-hot" it is. called 2 people out to look at it and both stumped saying they have no idea so probably just get a new one. this cant be the only answer surely. anything thats worth trying i will. thank you so much in advance

Sponsored Links
called 2 people out to look at it and both stumped saying they have no idea so probably just get a new one
Time to call out proper engineers, if they are saying 'they have no idea and just get a new one' then they aren't worth the phone call.

I'd call Ideal, if it is only 2 years old then it should still be within warranty (if it was actually registered).

In your new build, you shouldn’t get any more than 44 degrees out of the bath anyway, as there should be a thermostatic mixing valve underneath - a requirement as part of building Regulations part G. Has this always been the case? If so as per @Madrab, you will require someone who can diagnose this “fault” properly. By this I mean it might be that someone has fitted the mixing valve near the boiler. You may also have reversed connections somewhere.

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
It would be worthwhile checking the mixing valve angle as @ novice mentions though that should normally only be sited at the bath and should be set hot enough - max is 48deg I believe. Is it a Logic+ 30 or just a Logic C30?

You really need someone in that can perform a proper survey from the boiler right up to the outlets to understand what the boiler is actually set to and what the outlet temperatures and flow are reaching in relation to the cold water temperature.

That will give a starting point to see if it is actually the boiler that's at fault.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back